ABOUT IHM JODHPUR
Overview & History
We are happy to note your interest in joining a professional career in the hospitality industry. The Institute was first established as Food Craft Institute in the year 1996, which was later on upgraded to the State Institute of Hotel Management in the year 2001. It was setup by the Department of Tourism, Govt. of Rajasthan and affiliated with the National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Noida, an apex body under the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India. It is situated in the heart of Jodhpur (Suncity/Bluecity), having 6.5 Acre of sprawling campus with separate girls and boys hostel, indoor & outdoor sports facilities with physical and mental development.
The Institute provides an adequate training facilities and other inputs to the students to help them to gain professional expertise. We look forward to a mutually beneficial association. We offer 3 years B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration, One & Half year Diploma in Food Production, Bakery & Confectionery, Food & Beverage Service, Front Office operation and Housekeeping operations along with Certificate courses in Food Production and F&B Services. All these courses are designed to cater the needs of professionals in Hotel Industry, Airline Catering, Cruise and Railway Catering, Industrial Catering, Institutional and Hospital Catering.
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHM&CT) is an autonomous body under Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. The council centrally regulates academics for B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration and eleven other structured courses that are imparted at the existing 21 Central Institutes of Hotel Management, 25 State Government Institutes of Hotel Management, 01 Public Sector Undertaking and 25 Private Institutes of Hotel Management and 14 Food Craft Institutes, which are affiliated with NCHMCT, Noida (UP). All Institutes follow standardized courses curriculum prescribed by the council for different professional programs.
- Faith in Oneself
- Moral Uprightness
- Moral Uprightness
- Social Responsibility and Upliftment
- Pursuit of Excellence
- To impart dynamic and nationally benchmarked hospitality education “in pursuit of excellence”.
- To engage student’s capabilities in context to the hospitality and interdisciplinary segments.
- To provide opportunity for building capacities and enhance employability skills acceptable world-wide.
Vision & Objective
To improve the participation of International & National Tourism in the economy of the region by providing highly skilled and trained Hospitality Oriented Professionals. This will be achieved by:
- Planning progressive educational training scheme and to impart both practical and theoretical knowledge of every phase of Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management.
- To set standard of knowledge and practice so that the Industry may be raised and popularized.
- To develop a scientific attitude of management techniques and skills by training craftsmen for the Hotel & Catering Industry with a view to raise crafts to levels of technology.
- Providing trained manpower to Hospitality and Tourism industry and facilitate students in entrepreneurship.
- Completing the curriculum of Hospitality Education and Tourism as per the standards of the National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Noida & IGNOU, New Delhi.
- Satisfactorily placing students in other allied industries.
- Guiding students interested in higher education and research in the hospitality sector.