B.Sc HOSPITALITY & HOTEL ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM
The Bachelor of Science program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the NCHM&CT and IGNOU. The Three Years (Six Semesters) full time regular course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality Sector. The program also involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards for the operational area. About 80% of the graduates are employed by Hospitality and other service sectors through on-campus and off-campus recruitment process.
For details regarding the admission to B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration please visit to the Web Site of National Council for Hotel Management www.nchmct.nic.in
Intake : 120 seats
Educational Qualification: 10+2 or equivalent examination passed.
Admission: 3 years B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration programme through Joint Entrance Examination conducted by National Council for Hotel Management, Noida. The admission notice is issued every year in the month of December/January. The written examination is conducted in April and counselling is normally held in June. Admission is strictly based on the All India Rank (AIR) earned by the candidate in written test by JEE-NTA. Candidates are advised to further refer the website of www.nchm.nic.in, or www.nta.ac.in. The session commences from July.
Age Limit: Maximum 25 year as on 1st July of the academic year, age relaxation is 3 years for SC/ST/PD Candidates.
Reservation: As per the norms of the State Government.
Scholarship: As per the norms of Central / State Government.
Required Documents: 10th and 12th mark sheet; SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Handicap Certificate (if applicable); Medical certificate in prescribed format ; Original Transfer Certificate; Character Certificate; Proof of Age (Issued by Competent Authority); Aadhar Card; Bank Passbook/ Cancelled Cheque ; Self Addressed Envelope (8×4 inches) affixed Rs. 5/- Postage Stamp ; Gap Certificate for more than 1 year; Two passport size photographs (As pasted on Application Form).
Opportunities for Hospitality Graduates:
Global growth and development of tourism have opened up innumerable openings. As a result graduate can look forward to following career opportunities:
- .Management Trainee in Hotel and Allied Industry
- Guest/ Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sector
- Kitchen Management/ Housekeeping Management Trainee in Hotel
- Flight Kitchens also offer opportunities for career building
- Executive multi skilled in Fast Food Chains
- Hospital and Institutional Catering Executives
- Faculty in Hotel Management/ Food Craft Institutes (after earning industry work experience)
- Cabin Crew in National and International Airlines
- Catering Officer or Chef in Cruise Lines
- Marketing/ Sales Executive in Hotel
- Executive in Tourism Development Corporations and Resort properties
- Self employed entrepreneurs